Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Daily Grind...or Clench & Peta Day

For the last month or so I've been clenching my jaw at night and because of that it has caused some major stiffness in my neck and back along with a major case of insomnia, (ha, I sound so old), but this situation has totally SUCKED! I finally broke down and went to Wal Mart with my mom who almost broke the bank and bought me a 97 cent football mouth guard, one of those that you boil then stick in your mouth to let it form around your teeth. Assuming that this would be a quick fix, I excitedly placed the guard in my mouth and went to bed. While I was laying there, enjoying the fact that my jaw was relaxing around this drool-promoting piece of plastic, I started popping the retainer-like mouthpiece in and out of its secure place around my teeth hundreds of times. While I was sort of enjoying this new toy, (ya know when you have something in your mouth and your tongue won't just leave it alone? It's like that), I failed to realize that despite my joy of having a relaxed face, I still wasn't getting any sleep!!! I stayed up almost the entire night playing with this stupid thing! It's been a few days and I still use it, but also still find it totally irrestistable to fore-go the incessant motion of popping it in and out at least 300 times before falling asleep. I think on the whole I am getting more sleep than I did before, I don't understand why I have such ADD with this wonderfully dreadful little device.

Moving on, yesterday was PETA day...a day for the world to try and understand the vegan way of life. While I'm not a huge meat-eater, I think that the vegan mentality is completely out-of-whack. So with this in mind, and with a fridge full of meat that my sweet aunt gave me on my last visit, and knowing that there was no way that my roommates and I could eat it all, I decided to host a PETA/Eat a big, tasty animal for PETA day party in hopes that the animal-rights activists who hate the so-called mindless slaughtering of innocent animals would nod in approval at my fervent endeavor that these animals did not die in vain. So I covered an enormous roast in an excellent dry-rub of my own creation and stuck it in the oven to cook to perfection. I also made my signature biscuits and veggies and invited the masses. The party was a huge success. The meat was delicious, the company was fabulous, and we had a rousing game of 'screaming ninjas' and a deep, political discussion about how none of the presidential candidates spark any of our fancies. So with a heart full of love, and a stomach full of beef, I wish to thank the PETA people, where ever they are, for a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Amber Carlston said...

HA! I totally wear one of those at night too. 97¢ is WAY cheaper than the Bruxum(sp?) guard from the dentist for like $180... I guess I'm just high strung? So do you talk in your sleep too :)

Kendall said...

Totally! It so annoying, I'm sure I say things that probably shouldn't be said all the time...You got the Bruxum? I was bugged that I had to buy anything!

Whitney said...

Kendall!! you're so cute and i love that you wear a mouthpiece! i totally have that problem too! I'm glad i found your cute blog!!