Friday, April 30, 2010
School
I know, I know. I still need to blog about Hawaii. I will, I promise. I'm trying to get Gregor to get the pictures of his camera, because a post about Hawaii without pictures is like a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie without milk! (Hungry, now?) Anyways. I wanted to blog about school a little bit. I am taking an ELL (English Language Learning) class in my Masters program right now. I can't tell you how great this class has been. My teacher is from Belgium and he's truly been an inspiration to me. I have a student in my Junior High class who is an orphan from Haiti. This kid is great! He/she is learning a brand new language, has moved to a completely new culture and has a brand new family, but is learning quickly and keeps a smile on his/her face (I don't want to give too much info, my blog isn't private). I'm so grateful to play a small role in the lives of my students. I'm inspired to be better, to be more passionate, and to be more involved in the learning processes of the children I teach. I love these guys! I do have to remind myself here and there, but really I am so lucky to do what I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so cool! I remember when I interned in LA, it felt amazing to be able to help people understand what was happening to the local restaurants based off of legislation even though there was a language barrier. I bet you are getting such a more intense sense of fulfillment!
Post a Comment