Friday, February 4, 2011

Year in Pictures 2010

So I know I should have done this a couple months ago, but I just didn't have time and Gregor hadn't given me all of his pictures off his phone yet, so I couldn't.  Sorry.  Now that that's out of the way, I wanted to share some of the coolest pictures from 2010.  Enjoy!!!
January 2010- Grendall (Gregor + Kendall) was born thanks to my brother-in-law, Karl.  My uncle came up with a fictitious monster that supposedly looks like what our kids will look like...I don't think so.
February:  Finally decided to go ahead and purchase the designer wedding dress I wanted.  I found a maker in China who could duplicate my gown for $200!  Holy crap, when does that happen?!  I sent him all my measurements and he shipped the dress for free from China.  I pulled it out of the packaging and it fit like a glove!  Everything I ever wanted in a dress!!!

March 2010.  Married the man of my dreams!!!  Gregor and I were married at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple on March 20, 2010.  Best day of my whole life!  (His tux was amazing, btw!)

A couple days later, we finally made it to Hawaii for our honeymoon.  We were gifted some standby tickets from a family friend, which was great except for the fact that the only days we could fly out there were "red" or no flight days.  So we waited a couple days and had to drive to Vegas to fly to LAX then to Lehui. We had an amazing time down there and I would go back anytime.  Seriously, ANY-time.
April 2010.  Officially moved into our condo in American Fork.  Its a cozy place, not too big, but definitely not too small either.  We really enjoy it and love our neighbors and ward.


May 2010.  I started managing the Ivory Ridge Swim and Tennis Club pool.  Funnest (I know, not a word), but most stressful job in the world!  This is a picture of my "brother" Seth.  He was one of my 11 amazing guards that summer.  

June 2010.  What a fun month!  We went to Texas at the beginning of the month for our Texas reception.  We decided to go less formal with this one and have an African Braai instead.  A braai is like an African BBQ.  Best meat and food and company eva!  Thanks again Greiner's for putting that on for us!

July 2010 was all sort of fun for us!  We were both working a lot, but we found time to play, too!  Lots of hiking and swimming and boating.  This picture is from Yuba lake when we went with Car, Logan, and Collin.  We met up with some friends down there and had an AWESOME time!

August 2010 was busy, busy!  This first picture is from the Ben Folds concert in Park City.  Such an AMAZING concert, he's a musical genius!

He performed with the Utah Symphony and even played one of our special songs for his encore.  "The Luckiest".  Awwww!

Gregor's great uncle passed away in Germany earlier in 2010.  He was a pretty neat guy and had a lot of his estate sent over to the States to his family.  These are pictures of some of the cool stuff we found!


Also in August we decided to head out to Reno to spend some time with family.  Gregor's mom was out there handling some of her family's affairs and wanted to take a break with us by going to Tahoe for a day.  We were happy to oblige and headed out on the long road to Nevada.  This is a picture of me doing a handstand at the Salt Flats.

I could get this stupid picture to rotate for me, but this is the car we got to drive in for "Hot August Night's"  It was a 1940 Chevy Sedan that had been remade into a taxi.  The kids on the streets loved it and we were honking the horn and having a great time all night long!

TAHOE!!!!!

We also went up to Silver Lake for a family campout in August.  Little did we know that the same day we took this picture we'd find out this....

Yep!  Pregnant!  Gregor was wondering why I was so moody and weird, so we grabbed a pregnancy test on the way home from camping.  That was just about the biggest surprise of our lives!  I think we experienced just about every emotion possible when we saw that little cross for the first time!

September 2010.  School was back in session and we needed to play, so we got together with Carly and Logan, and our friends, Kristen and Justin for a night at Trafalga.  I know its something you'd do in Junior High or for a lame college date, but we actually had a great time and we got to use the batting cages until we couldn't swing anymore.  Great night!

In October 2010, we got to go up to Idaho to visit Erik and Hilary Greiner, Gregor's brother and sister-in-law.  Hilary was just about ready to pop with her first baby, so we decided to give her a chance to relax with Kathy (my mother-in-law) while we took Erik shooting.  I shot a muzzle loader for the first time that day.  Wow, I think I'm lucky to still have a shoulder.  A few days after we left, this little munchkin was born.  Kalli Eva has stolen my heart and just about everyone else's I think!


We also decided to go as Clark Kent and Lois Lane for Halloween this year.  We're huge Smallville fans, we both love Superman, and we had the shirt!  It worked out great!

November 2010.  When we were up in Idaho, Erik was amazingly generous and gave me his old Nikon d40x.  I have been coveting that camera since the beginning of time and I finally had it!  This is one of my favorite pictures that I've taken so far with it!
November also brought us some good time with friends and family.  Katie Harvey Weaver is one of my oldest friends from swimming.  She and her hubby live back east now, but came out for a visit.  Here we are with Carly and Ashley Kleinman Dahl and all the kiddies.

Karl was also sent home from his mission on a medical release for having been poisoned by carbon monoxide.  He's recovering well, and we are so glad that he's alive and healthy!  We were lucky enough to get to pick him up and have him with us for Thanksgiving, too.  Love you, Bro!
December 2010 was a fun, fun month!  I was finishing up my student teaching for my Master's degree, so any fun breaks we could take, we did!  Gregor won 2nd row tickets to the Jazz/Spurs game.  I will never go to another game in the nosebleed section again, I swear it was so awesome!  We also had some fun drives up the canyon to take pictures of the mountains covered in snow.  We about froze our buns off, but the pictures turned out really cool.


We live just down the hill from the Mount Timpanogos Temple.  I took this picture the same day we were coming out of the canyon.  I love the contrast of the red leaves, the clouds, and the beautiful spires of the temple.  

December also brought us some fun experiences.  We were able to finally see pictures of our little boy, and I actually kind of started showing, too!


We started a fish tank at the end of October, its been a fun challenge to learn about tropical fish and get them to stay ALIVE in our tank.  We've figured it out for the most part by now and this is our little 10-gal tank with a couple of our fish!


Gregor had shoulder surgery on December 17.  He had a pretty gnarly bone spur and some inflammation from 15 years of swimming.  Not a contact sport?  My foot!  He's recovering well and looking forward to a lot more training and fitness in the future!

Christmas was spent in Texas this year.  It was the first time I hadn't spent Christmas with my own family, but the Greiner Christmas was incredible!  I was so grateful to learn more about their traditions and spend Christmas out of the snow, even though it was still stinkin' cold outside!  

Well, there ya go!  A few fun pictures and a couple neat stories from 2010.  Definitely one of the best and busiest years of my life!  I am so grateful for the blessings Heavenly Father gives to me!  I'm definitely looking forward to what 2011 will bring and hope you are, too!

No comments: