Yep! We've got number two coming in September! We're really excited to have another little boy in our home. We're pretty sure his name is going to be Roman Mark Greiner and he's already got a big place in our hearts!
As of today, I am 18 weeks along and have already had a nice scare with this little guy. On Friday, April 19, I started bleeding pretty bad. I hadn't been feeling very well that evening, but didn't think too much of it because I'm pregnant, and really, you don't feel too great during pregnancy anyway. I had gone swimming for a workout and kicked my own butt, as usual, but was really, really tired when I went out with my mom and sisters for a girl's night. We came back from dinner and hung out at my folks house for a bit when I started bleeding. We had joked earlier about leaving Austin at my folks so Gregor and I could go to a late movie, but decided against it because my parent's both were going to be pretty busy the next day. Dun, dun, DUN!!! They got to watch Aus over night anyway because of a surprise trip to the ER!
Gregor and I left my parent's house immediately after a quick Priesthood blessing, where Heavenly Father promised to take care of me and my unborn son, and sped to the ER at AF Hospital. When we went into the triage unit, they told me to go upstairs to Labor and Delivery even though I was only 17 weeks. As soon as we got up there, they just turned us around, but put me in a wheelchair to emphasize that I needed to get a room right away.
We got into a room and checked in then just waited. I can't tell you how much anxiety I was having at this point. We had a tiny scare with Austin when I was pregnant with him, but it was nothing like this. I just kept praying that God would preserve my son and that I needed him and his family needed him. Everything I was feeling during those prayers was a strange sense of calm, despite my panic. Surprisingly to me, the doctors didn't seem to be in as much of a rush as I thought they would be in. We later learned it was because they were all dealing with a very unruly drug patient that they had to call the police on! CRAZY!
Finally, the radiologist came to wheel me into ultrasound. I think this was the first time that I REALLY didn't want one. I was terrified at what I would see. Apprehensively, I laid on the exam table and she started the ultrasound. The screen was turned away from me, but Gregor had positioned himself to see everything. When he said that Roman was moving around and that his heartrate was completely normal, I started to cry. The radiologist found an abnormality in the ultrasound, but was unsure of what it was, so we went back to our room in the ER without much answered except that, for now, we still had a healthy baby.
Dr. Jones then came in and explained ALL our options and what could happen at this point. I was completely overwhelmed when he said that even though our boy was alive for now, that could change at any time. He also explained all the positives, and I was just praying for the best possible scenario. He also explained that our radiologist was consulting with her supervisor and my OB to figure out what the abnormality was and how to go about life with it. So we waited, and waited, and waited. It was terrifying and frustrating, but again underneath the surface I could just feel the Spirit telling me that all was going to be well and to be calm.
FINALLY, Dr. Jones came in with a big smile on his face and said that the abnormality was a Uteral Hemotoma and was not affecting the baby or the pregnancy. It could, however, affect me. He put me on bedrest for a few days until I could meet with my doctor, but ultimately, I was so incredibly relieved.
When I met with Dr. Watabe the next Tuesday, he explained that these things can just happen with pregnancy and that it should just take care of itself over time. I still have to keep things pretty chill, but he okayed me to go on our Disneyland vacation that we had been planning for months and said that the baby would be fine as long as I didn't over do it.
What a relief!!! I am so grateful that things are okay. It's such a stressful process to bring these precious babies into the world, but I know that it's SOOOO worth it! We Greiner's are so looking forward to meeting our little Roman in September!!!
1 comment:
Wow! What a scare! I am glad to hear things are good for now and I pray that the rest of your pregnancy is free of further stress.
Post a Comment