Kaya is a beauty! Her dark hair is already starting to turn lighter and has gone to a light brown color with her roots being super blonde. I think she's going to end up looking just like her big brother, Austin. Hammer's hair is so gorgeous! I've wanted to let it grow out so many times, but in keeping with wanting my beautiful little BOY to keep looking like a boy, I cut it off. I'm SOOOOOO excited to let Kaya's hair just grow and grow! I'm hoping that she gets the same kind of "mop-top" my sisters and I had growing up. We all had this long, blonde, wavy/curly, thick hair that was just amazing! She's also got these eyes that are so deep and dark blue. I never want them to change! She looks into your eyes and into your soul. She's already got Gregor completely wrapped around her tiny finger, he's admitted it more than once already!
We've already had some fun adventures this past month, too! I am so not one to shy away from taking my babies out pretty soon, but I'm very cautious on who gets to hold her, hand-washing, and not going too crazy with our little adventures by keeping her in her carseat or a chest-carrier most of the time. Because it's fall, but not too cold out yet, we've already been fishing a few times, hiking a couple times, visited family and friends, the pumpkin patch, a couple stores, church, and Thanksgiving Point. Austin has absolutely loved being able to get out and move and "take care" of his little sister. He's a great big brother and helps a lot. His favorite thing to do with Kaya lately has been to blow on her belly when I'm changing her. He cracks up and she doesn't usually freak out too bad...
This girl is such a joy! Ten cool facts about Kaya:
1) At her 2-week appointment she had gained a full pound over her birthweight and grown almost two inches!
2) She is an AWESOME sleeper! It's been a huge change from how Austin slept (he's still a crappy sleeper).
3) She's a stinker! Whenever Gregor or I say that she's being a challenge or something like that, she totally smiles!
4) Kaya has this super cute, super ROUND belly! It cracks me up because her arms and legs are so skinny and then she's got this huge tummy! So funny!
5) Like her Mama, she LOVES sunshine! On warm days, we go outside to let Austin play and we just sunbathe. We're two peas in a warm pod!
6) She can sleep through anything! At least for right now...
7) Unfortunately, she doesn't like when mom drinks DC. Sad day for me, but we're working it out.
8) I can already tell that she's a tough cookie. She looks at Aus when he's throwing fits like "chill out, baby!"
9) She is the first grandbaby girl on my side ( SPOILED )! And the 3rd on Gregor's side ( STILL SPOILED )!!!
10) She gets more and more beautiful every day!
My sister, Kate, did her newborn photoshoot. She's amazing!!!
![]() |
| Probably my favorite picture! We told him to give her a kiss and this is what we got! |























No comments:
Post a Comment