
I love going to church. I usually get the spiritual lift I need for the week and learn more about the Gospel, but yesterday I could not believe how boring Relief Society was. I feel kind of bad for venting, but I'm going to anyway. Sacrament meeting was good. Good speakers, good musical number and I also wrote a little in my journal. Good. Sunday school was fabulous. We talked about the Prophet Joseph Smith and his contributions to the Restored Gospel. We had a great teacher who was engaging, and vocal. He asked intelligent questions and made great points. We used the scriptures and the manual and input from the class. I was feeling pretty pumped afterward, then went to Relief Society. Now, maybe it's because I have a big personality or that I'm a little ADD, but FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The teacher was this little mouse of a girl, who sat clutching her hands together behind the pulpit and literally whispering the least-interesting parts of the lesson and then asking questions about points she had already made. I looked at the clock after what seemed like eternity and it had only been 10 minutes. FETCHIN' TEN MINUTES! I still had 45 minutes to go dealing with Ms. Mouse! I started writing notes to Carly, tried to listen and then decided it would probably be better to try and slit my wrists with a piece of paper just to make life interesting. UGH. And the saddest thing was that it wasn't just me! NO ONE in the ENTIRE class was participating. Good crap. Finally, she concluded her lesson and I dragged myself out of my comatose state just long enough to play the closing hymn. I don't know whether I should just look past the horrible lesson and hope she's better next time or just make it a point to have a sudden attack of thirstiness or something and spend RS in the hallway...
1 comment:
Dude... where are you going to church at these days?? Please don't tell me it's still the singles ward I went to with you... cause then I'll know what my sister is talking about! HAHA I (Katie Lamb... haha) happen to glance at your blog every now and again, and this made me laugh. You are such a cute girl... I love it! And I'm TOTALLY stealing your movie quote post... hehe!
Post a Comment