Anyone that knows my family knows we don't communicate like normal human beings do. Instead we quote movies to each other to get our points across. So I've decided to compile my top ten favorite movie quotes of all time. Here they are!
10) "We'd like to thank the Woy-ars" - Bugs Life. Car and I used to always quote this and then laugh hysterically for 10 minutes. So funny.
9) "I'm Gerry, you're Julius, let's get some particulars and get the heck outta here." (continue dialogue), 'What I'ma do is gonna go out there and Ima get mine.' "See man, that's the worst attitude I ever heard." 'Attitude reflect leadership, Captain." -Remember the Titans. Holy crap, best movie ever! I'm always so pumped after watching this movie, it reminds me of my swimmer days...especially winning the MWC Championship my senior year!
8) "OH MY GOSH, I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I wanna SMASH your FACE in!!!" -Hot Rod. Seriously. Funniest. Movie. Ever.
7) "There's ice-skating, and snewball fights...and CHRISTMAS!" -Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia. Just say that line in a little british girl's accent and you can't help but smile!
6) "IT'S A SWEATER!" - The Three Amigos. It's a cult classic, and pretty much every line in the movie is quotable.
5) "Sharks. They only bite you, when you touch their private parts." -Ula from 50 First Dates. Another wonderfully quotable movie.
4) "Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I get chills everytime I hear this part. He's such a great leader and such a great man, and I love that he doesn't want to be the king, but he accepts his role and his birthrite to become a true leader.
3) "Open the DOOoooooorrrr! I'm outsiiiiiiidddde!!!" -Mort from Madagascar 2. This movie was even better than the first one. My other favorites from this movie are, "Is she dead?" 'NO!' & (Music: More than a feeling by Boston) "I love this song." 'It never gets old.' There really are a ton of great quotes in that movie, the penquins are soooo funny!
2) "Get back, WITCH!" 'I'm not a witch, I'm your wife, and from what I just heard, I'm not sure I even wanna be THAT anymore!' -Miracle Max and his wife, Valerie in The Princess Bride. We've been quoting that one since I was a little kid. Love it!
I saved the best for last...
1) "You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on." -Mr. Darcy. Oh, my gosh! It's the greatest quote of all time! He's so handsome and so vulerable here and so perfect! I think I start to cry every time I hear these lines! Amazing!
There ya go! I tag everyone who reads my blog to do this on their own. I'd love to see what you come up with!
~Ken
4 comments:
I can't believe you don't have anything from Zoolander. Probably one of my most favorite movies. The whole movie is quotable.
I'm sorry! If I would've done a top 11, then it would have easily made the list! "You think I don't know what a eugooglizer is?"
Okay - #2 I laughed so hard, because I say this one to Ryan ALLLLL the time. We watched Princess Bride with the kids not too long ago and when they heard that, the older ones said, "So THAT's where you got it!". And I totally agree with #1. I have Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly version) on my iPod touch and that is my FAVORITE part of the whole movie. I knew there was a reason I liked you so much!!!! :0)
"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain."
Greatness, and one I use often.
Post a Comment