Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Car's Wedding

I've had a few people tell me to blog about the wedding...I've been waiting for the pictures to come back, but I can post those later! The story is filled with drama, betrayal, friendship and of course, LOVE. (I should get paid for this.)
Friday (the day before the wedding) rolls around and of course there has to be a meltdown. Me, my dad and Logan all got sick with swine flu that week, but had all been cleared by the doctors to go ahead with the wedding seeing as we weren't contagious anymore. Someone in the wedding party notified the wedding planner (seriously the wicked witch of the west. NEVER book a reception through Fox Hollow or you'll get her...stay away) just to give her the heads up that there had been some sickness in the family, but things were fine. The planner then turns around, tells Fox Hollow management that we had this huge family swine flu epidemic and they cancelled on us at 4 o'clock FRIDAY!!! I am NOT lying! Can you believe it? They screwed us over on the reception AND the luncheon! I cannot tell you how frustrated everyone was. It was a nightmare and we were pissed! How did it all work out, you ask? Keep reading.
So everything was cancelled. Drama-rama, but luckily, the Smith and Peterson families are pretty quick on our feet. The Petersons got a hold of the manager at Magleby's in Orem and they agreed to host and cater the luncheon last minute. I think we're all forever grateful for them and the food was DELICIOUS! The Smith's reserved the ward cultural hall and called in my mom's good friend, Debbie the Decorator. She really is a superhero, not even lying! Before you think, ugh, the cultural hall??? Let me tell you...after a lotta work, blood, sweat, tears and Thanksgiving Point decorations...that place was incredible! Seriously, if I get married, I'll do it at a church as long as I have Debbie the Decorator. It was so beautiful, we were getting complimented all night.
So now to the actual breakdown of the big day! The house was bustling at 6 am. Car was up heading over to our hairstylist's, Amber, while the rest of the Temple crowd got dressed and ready to go. At 7:45, Logan came to pick up Carly and they went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple to be sealed for Time and All Eternity. The actual sealing was a 9, so Zach and I headed over around 8:20 along with the rest of the attendees. The Temple was wonderful and they were so happy! I cried like a baby when my grandpa sealed them forever. Such a sweet and beautiful marriage, the temple is the only place to do it!
After the sealing, we took pictures outside with the kids and family, then headed over to the luncheon. The food was great and we had a nice program. Zach and Mimi (Logan's aunt) did the "toasts" and I played the guitar and sang. Everyone cried some more and then my dad got up and spoke, and I cried harder. Poor Dean (Logan's dad) could hardly talk. It was so cute how much they love their kids. It was such a sweet luncheon. That's kind of all I want to do at my wedding. We can skip the reception. No worries.
We took some more pictures and FINALLY headed to the reception. It was amazing in there! Again, Debbie is the woman! We had photographer, Kimberly Nelson's pictures all over the place and the hall was gorgeous. Tons of great food, the cake was beautiful and the wedding party didn't look too bad either! I think they invited everyone in American Fork and then some, but it was great to see everyone and three hours later, Carly and Logan Peterson left on their honeymoon.
I am sooooo proud of my little sister. I love her so much, she's been my best friend for 23 years. She and Logan are a beautiful couple and they are going to be amazing together. Congratulations!!!

5 comments:

Annette said...

I was hoping you'd blog about this. Since I couldn't be there, this was the next best thing. What a story! A wedding to remember ;) I can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks Kendall!

Kate said...

wowee, that is drama. glad everything turned out great in the end. That is the problem with being so far away, I miss all these things. bummer. I'm excited for pictures!

Jobi Niu said...

I can NOT believe FOX HOLLOW would do that!! YOu guys BETTER get your money back. UGH. MEssed up. I'm glad everything turned out fine. I'm sure Carly looked GORGEOUS as ever.. YOur whole family is! CONGRATS to them. :]

Matt and Suzanne said...

WOW! What a story....I can't believe that happened! Sounds like it all worked out in the end. I LOVE Magelby's! Yummy! Look forward to Pics!

Katie said...

My mom said everything was awesome!!!! I can't believe that all happened... so messed up!