Friday, October 9, 2009

Ode to Brett Favre

Did you watch the Vikings/Packers game on Monday? Wow. I love you, Brett. True, I am a Dallas Cowboys fan, but leading one of the worst teams in the NFL to a 4-0 season? Being the only QB in the history of the game to beat EVERY team in the NFL, including your old team who sold you out for Younger, Bigger, and Better? To tearfully retire from the game you love after 16 years only to change your mind and come back to a team you don't fit in on then finally find a team that you can commit your excellence to? Brett, You Da Man! What you did Monday inspired me...of course I can't throw a 50-yard pass to a wide receiver for a touchdown, or make amazing plays, or find a hole to run in for a 2-pt. conversion, but your dedication to the game is awesome. Thank you for keeping my hope alive that there are still players that actually and truly LOVE the game of football.

1 comment:

Matt and Amie said...

I will give it to you that he is a truly amazing athlete, but living in Packer land right now....I honestly cant stand the guy and what he did to the Packers. I'll leave it at that! :)