My baby boy turns 1 today! I can't believe it! Austin Friedrich Greiner is the best little boy I know! He has grown so much over the last year and has brought everyone who knows him so much joy. Austin is 22 lbs and 31 inches tall. He is a big kid and loves to do everything on his own. He loves to give hugs, feed himself, swim, explore, eat, and play. He loves his Mom and Dad, but also loves spending time with his extended family. He loves his grandma and papa's dogs, and chasing their cat all over creation! Austin has the bluest eyes and the greatest smile ever with his funny crooked teeth. His favorite movies are: Cars, How to Train Your Dragon, and Finding Nemo. He likes to help me cook, fold (more like unfold) laundry, sweep the floor, and vacuum. He is my best buddy and I'm so glad he's our son!
Being a mother has changed my whole life. I can't believe the amount of patience and love I have in my heart now. I thought I knew what unconditional love was when I met my husband, but having a child has been the most learning experience I've ever had in my whole life! Austin is so sweet and so wonderful, but is one of the biggest challenges I've ever faced! He will drive me completely crazy, and then in the next moment, make me love him more than I have before. Having Austin in our home has made me love my husband even more. Gregor is the BEST dad! He just glows when he gets home from work and gets to play with Austin. He is teaching our son to be a great man by being great himself. I sure love my husband!
I'm so grateful for the opportunity that Heavenly Father has blessed me with in being a Mother. It is the best/hardest calling, but is so incredibly and completely worth it! I hope all the mom's out there feel the same! Through parenting, I'm realizing the love that our Father in Heaven has for his children. It is real and eternal. I am grateful for my parents and husband's parents and for my Heavenly parents and for the blessings and lessons that they've given to me and my family. I hope to be a righteous mother and provide my son (and children to come) with all the things that they need in their lives!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAMMER-BABY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment