Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Austin, Texas. 12/30/09. WOW!

Dear Blogging World,
I'M ENGAGED!!! I can't believe it! I'm sooooo tired right now, but I have to write down my day before I go to sleep! Today Gregor and I decided to go down to Austin, TX to see his old UT stomping grounds. (I'm in Abilene, TX by the way visiting Gregor and his family) ANYWAYS...We left at 6 am and made it to Austin around 10 am. We drove straight the the University of Texas (Hook 'em!), looked at some of the campus and walked around a bit. We then drove over to the state capital to check it out. Gorgeous building and it was even better being with my sweetie! We checked out a few things around the capital then recieved a phone call from his mom that we needed to go to this pawn shop to look at a gun for her. I thought this was weird having to run errands while we were in Austin, but we took it in stride and ran down to this seedy little place across town. When we went in, Gregor told them who he was and they took us back into the office. I've never been to a pawn shop before and let me tell you, its everything you think it would be. CREEPY. Anyways, once we got back into the office, this guy (who in fact turned out to be Gregors diamond guy) handed me this rifle and Gregor a couple boxes of ammo. Little did I know, this little side trip happened so Gregor could pick up the ring and be discreet since he didn't have it yet. Sneaky! So then we drove back into town and went to Whole Foods where he said he wanted to buy me some flowers. I got a little suspicious that he would propose, but pushed it out of my mind because all week he's been saying that the diamond came in, but it would take a while to put everything together and ship it to the jeweler and blah, blah, so I didn't think the ring was coming for at least another week. Fooled me, huh? So after Gregor bought me this beautiful bouquet of orange roses (Hook 'em), we checked out another camping gear store in town. I was oblivious, I swear. I was just happy hanging out and Austin is BEAUTIFUL, so I wasn't thinking about anything to do with proposing. He had been talking about going up to Mt. Bonnell to get a good look at the Colorado River, so that was our next stop. We walked up a flight of stairs to get to this beautiful setting overlooking the river. It was so incredibly beautiful, I was just happy to see it! He made me put my stupid boots back on (I had taken them off, they were killing my feet) to go hike down a ways for a better look. He took me onto this little secluded path and when I looked over at him he was down on one knee holding a gorgeous diamond ring. Gregor told me that he loved me and then asked if I would marry him. All I could say for a second was "Seriously?" then of course I said yes! With all my heart, I said yes!!! I think I've been on cloud 1000000000 all day! We walked back down to the car (I think I should say Gregor pretty much had to carry me, I totally was weak in the knees!) and then we hit up the Salt Lick BBQ joint, just like any other recently engaged couple would :), for some seriously great chow! Then we hit the road back to Abilene. Long drive and long day, but so incredibly perfect! I can't believe I'm going to be Mrs. Kendall Greiner! I'm sooooo happy and so glad that its Gregor! He's the love of my life and I'm so grateful that he loves me, too! What a GREAT day!!!

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Congratulations Kendall. I am so happy for you! You never mentioned when the big day is though?

Ashley said...

Congrats again!

Annette said...

Yea Kendall! Congratulations!

Matt and Amie said...

Kendall!!!! Congrats! I am so excited for you!!

Kate said...

Hurray!! I'm so excited for you!

Jobi Niu said...

I'm SOOOOOO THRILLED for you!! So when are you getting married? CONGRATS!! I want to see some pics. :]

Lorina said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!

BTW: I spent 4 month in Austin last year.. AND I loved it. Want to move back actually but my hubby doesn't.

Becky said...

Awww Kendall. I am so happy for you. Congrats sweetie. I am EXCITED for your special day!!!