I just realized I didn't blog about Thanksgiving! Silly me! Well, here ya go. On Wednesday the 25th, Gregor and I went up to Salt Lake to get his mom, Kathy, who was flying in from Texas. I had seen her before, but never met her and was pretty nervous! She ended up being a complete joy to be around and made that whole meeting really smooth and fun. We took her down to AF to meet my family (who weren't home, big surprise) and then she went to Provo to meet up with an old seminary student while I got my butt in gear to pack. At around 3ish, we met up again, Kathy met my parents, Mark and Shauna, and then we hit the road to Rexburg, Idaho. The drive took a while, but I got to "dj" with my new iPod touch. Sweet! I was loving that I was sitting next to my sweetie and talking with him and his mom. They have a fun relationship, it was good to see him interact with her. After a few hours we made it to Erik and Hilary's (Gregor's brother and sister-in-law) where their youngest brother, Karl, was staying as well. Dieter (Daddy Greiner) couldn't make it, but we were thinking about him! We went to Appleby's for dinner, laughed the whole time then came home and headed to bed. Kathy and I shared a room and I was loving getting to know her. It was one of those situations that could have been really bad or really good and luckily it was great!
Thanksgiving day was awesome. I went for a freezing run out in the Rexburg countryside. It was gorgeous! After coming home and thawing, we got ready for dinner. Hilary made this HUGE 24-lb turkey for 6 people and we feasted like kings! I think everyone passed out after dinner for a while then we watched movies and chilled the rest of the day.
Friday, we hit up Idaho Falls for some shopping. Of course you go shopping on Black Friday! We didn't hit any of the early sales or anything, but we walked around the mall after an amazing dinner at Garcia's. Good day.
On Saturday, Hilary, Kathy and I went and did a session in the Rexburg Temple. It was so fabulous! Such a beautiful temple and it was great to spend time with those two great women! I'm so excited to get to know them more! After we went back to Idaho Falls so Karl could return something. I can't remember everything else we did. I remember I was super happy! I love spending time with Gregor! He's awesome!
Sunday we got up, went to church and then peaced out to Utah. Long drive, but it had been a great weekend so we didn't mind too much. I'm grateful that I got to have such a great time in Rexburg of all places! Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Sounds like the trip was awesome! I went to BYU-Idaho and still haven't been to the temple! Sounds like things are great for you ;)
Post a Comment