
This past weekend, the Greiner family needed to get away from Utah county...so we did. To Rexburg, ID. Before ya'll roll your eyes and say that Rexburg is just as bad, if not worse, than Utah county, we have family up there and seeing them was so so so refreshing and worth it for a University of Utah diehard being in BYU-Idaho territory. Erik (Gregor's brother) and Hilary Greiner live up there while Erik is going to school for engineering. Hil's pregnant and has been super sick her whole pregnancy. Sincer Gregor and I are the only family within about 1000 miles, we packed up the car and drove the 4 hours up to Idaho. WHAT A WEEKEND! We got up there and Erik and Hil took us to this hole-in-the-wall diner called Big Juds for burgers. They make these HUGE 1-lb burgers that feed 4 people along with fries, drinks and homemade ice cream. HEAVEN! Seriously, one of the best burgers I've ever had and the bun! Holy crap...amazing!

We got home and I wasn't feeling too hot, so I went upstairs and passed out. The next day I was still feeling super crappy, but Hilary was having a "good" day (meaning she wasn't upchucking everything that hit her stomach), so we decided to go for a walk and see what the boys were up to in the Weld Shop. It was pretty cold up there, but we took it in stride and had a good walk. By the time we got home though, I was DONE! I felt so disgustingly sick and exhausted all stinkin' day. Sheesh! The whole point in going up there was to help Hilary and Erik and then I'm the one falling apart. I took a 4-hour nap after Hilary and I made stuffed shells for lunch. That was an adventure in itself, but whatever! We hit up the grocery store after naptime and I just wanted to die the whole time we were there. What is going on with me??? Finally, it hit my head that I'm hypoglycemic and a little anemic and I hadn't eaten any protein all day...so guess what we had for dinner? STEAK! YUM! I'm usually not the biggest fan, but in this case it was amazing and I felt tons better afterward. Sunday, we went to Sacrament meeting with them, left early cuz Hil puked in the rockgarden outside, took a nap, ate an amazing lunch, then headed back down to Utah. Even though I didn't feel super hot the whole time we were there, it was so nice to get away from the stress we've been feeling lately. Gregor was super funny the whole time and I feel rejuvinated fo sho! I love you Erik and Hil! You guys are awesome! Thanks!
2 comments:
The Big Jud's in Ashton, ID? A little podunk town outside of Rexburg? Hahahaha, our family friends used to live in Ashton, I've totally been there! Did you eat it all by yourself and get your name and picture put on the wall? :)
Ugh, sick no! We shared it with 4 people. There is no way I could ever eat that by myself. Yuck! It's a fun place though, I loved the ice cream!!!
Post a Comment